iOS 12 compatibility

andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Mon Sep 10 11:30:53 EDT 2018

Thank you Livecode crew for patching Bug 21396 that required
acceleratedRendering to be TRUE in order for an app to launch in iOS
12! Word of advice to developers as they submit their new builds to
Apple (because if you don't, and you don't have acceleratedRendering
enabled in your stack, your app won't launch in the new operating
system): don't mention the fact that the new OS broke the existing app.

In my "What's New in This Version" text, I mentioned "added iOS 12
compatibility" which apparently is a big no-no. My latest submission
got rejected for breaking PLA 2.3 which states "Apple may provide You
with pre-release versions of the Apple Software or related services
that constitute Apple Confidential Information and are subject to the
confidentiality obligations of this Agreement."

So Apple released a public beta, that beta broke developer software as
reported by public beta users, but we can't speak of such things. *eye
roll*

Luckily this is just a metadata rejection that doesn't require a new
build. Just thought I'd share my experience to help save someone else
the embarrassment of breaking your NDA with a company who has a $1T
market cap.

--Andrew Bell