Livecode's CEF Builds

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Sep 9 18:34:39 EDT 2018

> On 10 Sep 2018, at 4:02 am, Tom Glod via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> If I do that ..... I then have to make my own build of CEF, My own build of
> Livecode, and then build my standalones?  What could go wrong?....LOL  ....
> Is that my only option? I may have to seriously consider doing whatever it
> takes.

Actually you _only_ need to build CEF and then can copy libcef.dll into your app but you do have to build the exact revision used by the version of LiveCode you want to use it with. However, correct me if I’m wrong but I thought you use LiveCode Community as your project is GPL which I would have thought would preclude you from incorporating proprietary codecs… Not that I would know as IANAL ;-)

Cheers

Monte