Datagrid deleteline vs deletelines issue

hlowe hlowe at me.com
Sun Sep 9 12:50:56 EDT 2018

The Dictionary states that the command 'deleteline': "Deletes the specified
lines from the data grid.

The syntax is:

dispatch "DeleteLine" to group "DataGrid" with pLine

where pLine is a comma-delimited list of one or more integers, indicating
the lines to be deleted.

So to delete lines 1,2 and 3 of the datagrid "myDG" we would use:

put "1,2,3" into pLine
dispatch "DeleteLine" to group "myDG" with pLine

The Dictionary also states that the command 'deletelines' (note the plural
form) is a synonym for deleteline, implying that either form will do the
same thing.

However 'deleteline' using LC 9.0.1 (RC3) on a Mac (running an iOS App in
both the emulator and on the device) will only accept a single line number
in its 'pLine' parameter. Passing more that one integer in 'pLine' causes
'deleteline' to fail silently. To delete more that one line, I must use the
pleural form of the command 'deletelines'.

put "1,2,3" into pLine
dispatch "DeleteLine" to group "myDG" with pLine

fails silently

while

put "1,2,3" into pLine
dispatch "DeleteLines" to group "myDG" with pLine

succeeds

A bug, a Dictionary issue or something more complex?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Henry

Ascriva Health Informatics
https://www.ascriva.com