Using RevMail in Server?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 8 16:35:19 EDT 2018

Rick Harrison wrote:

 > I was hoping that RevMail could be
 > used from within LC Server.  The
 > documentation says it should work.
 > My experience with it so far has been
 > more of that it won’t work.
 >
 > If I use it from a normal LC stack
 > it works fine in that it brings up
 > my email client, like it is supposed to.

If a server had a GUI with a mail client installed, who would be there
to click the Send button? :)

I'm surprised the docs include "server" as a platform for that command,
as it wouldn't make sense there.

That is, unless it uses the same syntax to bundle up the data to pass
off to sendmail.  But I didn't see anything like that in the Dictionary.

This Lesson offers a way to send email using LC Server:
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4070/l/8184-sending-emails-from-livecode-server-scripts>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems