PreOpenBackground Messages

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Wed Sep 5 18:11:59 EDT 2018

There is a parameter to tell which group is the target of the message. I didn’t think the group would need to check to see if it was supposed to be the target of the message though. The openBackground dictionary entry doesn’t make that clear. The preOpenBackground dictionary entry does point it out though.

In my case, I wanted to do an initialization of some script locals to avoid calculating them each resize. I was trying to eliminate an if statement to check for initialization. For other reasons, I’m leaving in that check though.

Thanks,
Brian