ANN: LC Documentation Cache Cleaner

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 3 16:56:05 EDT 2018

On 9/2/18 1:21 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> Posted a utility stack to livecodeshare:
>
> When first launched, the LiveCode IDE will build a documentation cache
> for the current version. When you upgrade to a new version, a new cache
> folder is created, but any older cache is still in the system. When you
> remove an older LiveCode version the cache folder is not removed, so
> these accumulate over time.
>
> This stack will allow you to remove any documentation cache folders that
> are no longer needed in order to reclaim storage space on your computer.
> If you remove a current one accidentally it will be rebuilt the next
> time the LiveCode IDE is launched.
>
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/895/LC-Documentation-Cache-Cleaner

Wow, I had no idea. I must have had 30 or 40 of those.

Maybe run it on a Mac, I wasn't able to unhilite the verify button.
Forty dialogs is a bit much. I hit the return key repeatedly and the
backed up queue must have confused it because eventually it stopped
deleting things. I unhilited the button in the property inspector and
after that things went much faster.

But this is still a fantastic tool, thanks much.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com