[OT] Accommodation in Edinburgh

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Sat Sep 1 20:24:30 EDT 2018

> Hugh wrote:

> We are (finally!) taking a week's holiday north of the border and want to
> visit Edinburgh 10-15 September.
> Any hotel recommendations? Does not have to be in the city centre!

These are not hotels. But we have stayed at both of these charming apartments.
Hidden Glen was quite near the Tollcross location of the previous LC Conference.
Both are owned by the family that owns The Three Chimneys on Skye, which is an exceptionally elegant inn/restaurant.

Old School Tower @ Holyrood Park
1/9 Saint Leonard's Crag, Edinburgh, EH8 9SP
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2667737?sug=50 <https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2667737?sug=50>

Hidden Glen Apartments: Glendale
22 Glen Street, Tollcross, Edinburgh, EH3 9JE
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8354483?sug=50 <https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8354483?sug=50>

These and others are also directly available through Gillian Taylor & Ewen MacAskill’s own site:
www.edinburghhideaways.com <http://www.edinburghhideaways.com/>

Stayed at The Scotsman once. They gave us a free upgrade to the penthouse. Spectacular! So, of course, we recommend that hotel. ;)
Also The George in New Town is nice.

Hope this helps.

Jim Lambert