Is it not possible to write to the user preference folder in Mojave?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Oct 29 10:56:22 EDT 2018

We make and sell a couple of research applications developed in
LiveCode. Increasingly, on both OSX and Windows, we are running into to
customers who's permissions prevent out app from writing to locations
that were once (in older OS versions) writable. In some cases, this has
been due to changes the OS manufacturer (Microsoft, Apple) have made and
in more cases,, institutions, business, universities, etc. are locking
down computers on their networks even more than in the past. In the
cases of increased institutional lock down, local IT staff have often
been able to adjust the permissions. Increasingly (as with the next
release of our main app) we have moved to creating a folder in
specialFolderPath("Documents") for our company and placing all app files
in their as it is the one of the only fully cross platform places to be
both read and writable.