how to properly use the fullscreenmode and screen scaling

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 28 15:10:54 EDT 2018

Typically you need to handle field placement yourself in script, moving
the controls up on keyboardActivated and back down on
keyboardDeactivated. However, there's an unintentional side-effect when
setting acceleratedRendering to true in a stack; when the keyboard shows
up, the whole card scrolls up by the height of the keyboard. I haven't
found this useful very often, since it frequently scrolls the field I
want to target right off the top of the screen. But if your layout
accomodates that behavior it may be useful.

The "showAll" fullscreenMode ensures that the full height of the stack
contents are visible on screen. This means on narrower screens,
left/right edges may be cropped and on wider screens there may be an
extra margin.

The "noBorder" mode ensures that the full width of the content is
visible, which means in portrait mode you'll get a tiny little stack
that fits horizontally within the width of the device, and large empty
areas at top and bottom.

To allow both orientations, you can use the orientationChanged message
to set the fullscreenMode to either showAll or noBorder, depending on
which way the device is turning. Or you can write scripts that resize
and place all card controls depending on the layout you want.

On 10/27/18 4:40 PM, Mike for GDC via use-livecode wrote