Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Sun Oct 28 13:54:13 EDT 2018

We already know that this is not possible by "ordinary" controls
because the browser widget has a native layer.
(Except we"bundle" your controls in a floating window.)

But there is one way more (I use it for updating my Textedit
widget).

Of course you can overlay a browser widget with a browser widget:

Make using HTML/CSS a "Bar" (containing buttons etc.).
The HTML/CSS of that is pretty simple and changeable without deep
knowledge of HTML or CSS.
You get a clickCallback via a javaScriptHandler and can simply use
the scripts of your LCS objects from that javaScriptHandler.

I made a simple example stack with 6 rounded buttons here, may be
I'll update it from time to time:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=172729#p172729