[ANN] Network Tracer

Andre Alves Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Oct 24 14:54:45 EDT 2018

Bob,

It is a joke but it is also true :-)

For example, in the Network Tracer stack there is code to avoid showing
duplicate messages because here on my home network, all the datagrams
are arriving three times. So a single "ntInfo" call on a standalone
amounted to three datagrams with the same message arriving on the
dashboard. But arriving multiple times is better than not arriving,
which also happens.

I am considering in the near future going like my "decentralization talk
on LC Global" and use UDP for peer discovery and TCP for sending actual
data, it is just that UDP is sooooo convenient and for this simple
debugging purpose it is quite adequate. Anyway, we'll see how the
feedback goes and change as needed. For my own personal usage it is
going great.

Cheers