Sorting search results - solution needed

Scott Seward scott at copware.com
Tue Oct 23 15:22:11 EDT 2018

Hi,

I need to sort the result set of a search. But the common sort mechanisms I’m familiar with won’t get me where I need. I’m sure this is a common problem and much better developers then I know the name of it and how to execute it in Livecode. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the problem:

I execute a search for “187” and get the following results:

NOTE: The search term will always start with one or more numeric characters and  possibly be  appended by punctuation or other alpha characters.

Alpha sort

Desired Sort

187

187