Widget imageWidget_v110

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:36:49 EDT 2018

Hi I'm Honoured Herman, and I was going to donate my self even though I
have as yet no need for the Widget - but I have donated many times before
when I think someone has done something that has to be acknowledged in some
way.

To be honest I was thinking of getting a gofundme type of theme and use
that - so we don't give x percent to gofundme. - and the hoops you have to
go through to assign money.

I Also think we shouldn't just make it a developers fund (please agree or
disagree) but make it a fund where we can have a survey of what we think LC
should work on and fund it to get it working - and hold their feet to the
fire - I'm still waiting for the SQLITE library .... May 2016 - "We will
deliver the project within a three month window on successful completion of
the campaign."), e..g.Bluetooth, more examples of the FFI.

I'm hoping from what I surmise that LC for Filemaker looks like it is
bringing in the money for programmer expansion so anything useful to us is
useful to the FM group and maybe this might not bee needed soon - but again
we don't have to be dogmatic about this.

If we can get a coiterie of 100+ people together who could just send $5 a
month and increase that to $10 if we have an urgent need (whether a
programming need or even a "Programming Colleague in Distress" we could
come  to an agreement as to how to use the funds.

THis could maybe after 6 months have enough to crowd fund Herman's wish

"If it were possible to have *direct access* to JS in
LCB (not via a broser widget) and if also base64coding
were available then we could have kind of an image
processing app in a widget!!
All I would need is such an access to mBrowser: all
but the native display, so that HTML5 is working.
(I tried to manipulate the browser widget but had
problems with the native display.)"

I think we need to open a paypal account to keep the money in and give
access to more than one person - can you get joint ones? -  - you never
know we still have buses on our roads!

If we go the "programmer Aid" route we could use
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/not-for-profit.

Or we could do both?

WDYT is this too much pie in the sky or shall we just do the Programmer
fund? I for one think money just sitting there doing nothing waiting for a
rainy day isn't doing anyone any good.
I could setup a webpage with the "manifesto" on it and we can tweak until
we agree - It may be that Herman's simple idea is best but I'm just putting
this out there.

Kindest Regards Lagi

p.s.

On high  note - I have noticed a few of posts on the forum/uselist  from
Sean (Pi) Cole   who we helped with the gofundme initiative and that makes
me feel very happy. It would be nice if we can get any feedback as to the
status of Sean's project and did he manage to salvage something - over to
you Sean.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 15:03, hh via use-livecode <