Using Dylibs in LiveCode?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Oct 17 17:44:03 EDT 2018

> On 16 Oct 2018, at 9:02 pm, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Monte. Where can I find some documentation as to how I can use this?

Hi Ben

Sorry for the slow response. In addition to Trevor’s comments:

The LiveCode Builder Language Reference is also available on the dictionary stack under the Guides tab. Additionally the Extending LiveCode guide also has some important information about creating extensions and developing foreign handlers for executing code from the dylib in the section `Using native APIs for libraries`.

One thing to note is that it is critically important that the native types you use in your foreign handler declaration are correct. If a foreign handler is crashing then double-check the types you have used as this is the most common reason for crashes.

I also suggest frequenting the LiveCode Builder forum http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93&sid=65f2754cb28e09a8d6c341ae64cb5e0e <http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93&sid=65f2754cb28e09a8d6c341ae64cb5e0e> and also our Gitter room which often has discussions about LCB stuff https://gitter.im/LiveCode/Lobby <https://gitter.im/LiveCode/Lobby> Indeed that’s currently the only place we have discussed how to use objective-c blocks which is a little tricky.

Cheers

Monte