setProp question

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Oct 16 07:13:05 EDT 2018

I don't know of a way to intercept them, and I did look, because I
have/had exactly the same problem.

I wrote a script (ExplicitProperties) which does a decent, but
imperfect, attempt to find places you have referenced a customprop, and
checks whether it is a "known" one. That was back in 2012, and I haven't
used it much in the meantime, so I don't know what the latest ersion of
LC it has been tested / used with - but it was useful to me then.

You can find it at
http://www.tweedly.org/showpage.lc?page=ExplicitProperties with an
explanation of what it does.

So, you very reasonably ask, why does the author no longer use it ? :-)

Well, I just gave up on using custom properties completely. Probably not
the right thing to do, but it works for me.

Alex.