Unicode Store in JSON

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Oct 15 17:41:28 EDT 2018

> On 16 Oct 2018, at 12:09 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> A "Related" entry under textDecode and textEncode might help.
>
> The problem is when you get to a dictionary entry for those, there is no
> mention "mergJSON".
>
> So not matter how well "mergeJSON" is documented, as  a "newbie" or
> someone who hasn't spend a lot of time in text encoding procedures, one
> is "blindsided" to the "mergeJSON" feature.

How so. Or do you mean that perhaps they both need to link to a general discussion on text encoding? There are a number of things that deal with text encoding/decoding in the docs so perhaps a general discussion they can all link to would be helpful. I presume until now it has been seen as beyond the scope of our docs but text encoding is definitely something that confuses many users. Something along the lines of the content of this article would probably be good:

https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2003/10/08/the-absolute-minimum-every-software-developer-absolutely-positively-must-know-about-unicode-and-character-sets-no-excuses/

> I am getting better at GIT now. I could contribute to the dictionary if
> I knew how.

Well you can get a free t-shirt this month if you do! Check out Trevor’s recent post.

Cheers

Monte