Errant mouseRelease message?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:22:59 EDT 2018

The drag and drop code in Navigator relies on mouseMove messages to do its
work, and since drags can exit the field where they started, mouseRelease
messages to stop.

When I first coded this, I sometimes got errant mouseRelease messages --
the mouse was still down, a check of "the mouse" in the mouseRelease would
report that the mouse was down, and yet the mouseRelease was still called,
and no more mouseMove messages were delivered.

I fixed that, and I don't know how.

Now the problem has cropped up again, and a quick scan through the diffs
(thanks, Git and GitKraken!) shows nothing that looks promising to have
caused this issue.

Any ideas? I'm on a mac, latest OS, LC 8.x