Unicode Store in JSON

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Oct 15 09:09:00 EDT 2018

On 10/14/18 5:41 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> Well mergJSON is documented to return UTF-8 encoded JSON, however, I agree that JSONImport and JSONExport docs are a little ambiguous and should clarify that the JSON needs to be textDecoded before calling JSONImport and textEncoded after calling JSONExport.
A "Related" entry under textDecode and textEncode might help.

The problem is when you get to a dictionary entry for those, there is no
mention "mergJSON".

So not matter how well "mergeJSON" is documented, as  a "newbie" or
someone who hasn't spend a lot of time in text encoding procedures, one
is "blindsided" to the "mergeJSON" feature.

There is a lacuna in the dictionary, not only in this space, but
throughout. I won't all it a "fault", because in some way "all livecode
is related" , so where to begin writing about "related, associations"?

It is probably best done on a use case basis, like this one.

I am getting better at GIT now. I could contribute to the dictionary if
I knew how.

BR