Open a Plugin via Script

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 12 14:18:58 EDT 2018

Hi all.

You would think all the plugin stacks would be "known" by the IDE, but when I attempt to open a plugin by name, either short name or the actual file name (without the path) Livecode cannot find it. There is no SpecialFolderPath option for the plugins folder. (Maybe there should be??) So I cannot programmatically discern where the plugins are.

You will ask, "Why do you need that? Just open it from the developers menu!" Well I have my own Developers Menu, with just the stuff I use all the time, and I don't necessarily want to switch to pointer mode to get to it, then switch back again. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to make that work if I can.

Bob S