Reading PDF Form Data in LiveCode?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 10 11:16:46 EDT 2018

Have you heard of my app? :-)

What I do on a Mac is tell Acrobat (via Applescript) to create an fdf file which is an xml formatted file of all the values in the form controls. I then have a function that parses that file into a livecode array. Windows is trickier, because you cannot tell acrobat for windows to do anything from outisde without going through a C API that Adobe provides for that purpose.

If however your workflow allows for a user interaction, then you can just create an action to run a javascript. Here's the code:

this.exportAsFDF(true, true, null, false);

Once you have that file, I can send you the code I use to parse it.

Bob S