Stacks whose names start with "rev"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 8 18:33:44 EDT 2018

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > I was able to look at this again today. The style of the stack is
 > toplevel, it is visible and frontmost, but the mode is 2. This is true
 > whether gRevDevelopment is true or false. Show IDE stacks in Lists is
 > turned on.
 >
 > It's stuck that way. LC 9.0.1.

The style is the persistent property which governs mode when opened
using "open" or "go"; the mode is the current actual mode, which can
differ from the style if opened using a mode name as a command (e,g,
"palette <stackname>").

When the mode is 2 that usually means the cantEdit has been set.  This
may have been set somewhere in the IDE, thinking it's an IDE stack.

What happens if you set the cantEdit of the stack to false?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems