Stacks whose names start with "rev"

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:59:15 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 8:48 AM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode

> The reason the stack name can't be changed is because the whole
> multi-stack system uses the stack name for internal display in dozens of
> places (glossaries, gradebooks, student notes, reading history, lookups,
> etc.) and I'd have to add exceptions everywhere to accomodate just a
> couple of problem names. We only want to do an occasional edit without
> upsetting the whole IDE.

I appreciate that this will not solve 'the problem' but would solve
your 'current problem'; why not give the stack the correct name "The
Revelation" *. That way ALL your  glossaries, student notes and other
references would show the correct title of the book. Please note there
is no 's' at the end, and by adopting the correct name you may go some
way in helping the students win trivia bets as to whether the last
book of the Bible is called "Revelations".

* At least in my copy of the King James Bible it's called "The
Revelation - of St John the Divine"; other versions of the Bible may
have colloquially translated that to Revelations.