Stacks whose names start with "rev"

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:30:12 EDT 2018

The fact that there is an underlying permanent unique id for everything,
completely abstracted from the user. So you can change the name of a
column, or table, or layout, one time, in the database definition, and all
references to that object in scripts, other layouts, etc. will
automatically update -- or really, peeking behind the curtain, I'm guessing
they don't have to update at all because they all reference the permanent
unique id, and only render it into the name you know it by when they render
themselves for you to edit them.

So in LiveCode terms, imagine if you could rename a card, and any script
that referenced that card, or controls on it, wouldn't break, but just
automatically reflect the new name. Or rename a control, or a stack.

gc

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 1:09 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <