Troubleshooting revIgniter library functions

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Fri Nov 30 04:32:04 EST 2018

Folks,
I’m struggling to get my head around revIgniter / MVC concepts and map basic LC desktop concepts to the right places in LCS + revIgniter. (I’m still searching for a 'Rosetta Stone’ to translate between these two worlds!)

My use case is to share public FAQs from specific pages designated as public in our knowledge base. I have a basic LC desktop prototype that I’m migrating to LCS + revIgniter. The desktop stack includes a single function stack script that logs into the KB server as a proxy ‘public user' and returns an access token string for subsequent page requests.

To migrate this across to the server environment, I have simply transferred the stack script into a DocLogin.lc library file, replacing the final 'return “token”’ with put tToken into gData[“doc_token”] I may have misunderstood the revIgniter docs that this is the way to get the data ‘back’ to the controller, rather than use the desktop-style function do & return to a library (or stack) file?

A DocLogin.lc controller file then attempts to call the above library and open a view file to check that the token is available via [[gData[“doc_token"] ]]

The controller is opening the view but the token merge field is not shown and adding the generic rigShowError “message” alerts that the library couldn’t be loaded.

I’d appreciate a steer as I’ve a feeling my approach here is fundamentally wrong for the LCS + revIgniter way of working.
Thanks
Keith