LiveCode server with revIgniter - new controller pages get 404 errors?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Tue Nov 27 14:02:05 EST 2018

Folks,
Can anyone using LC Server with revIgniter share any tips on why new controller pages might throw 404 errors, even if they contains the content from the (working) welcome.lc controller or blog.lc example from the revIgniter docs…? https://revigniter.com/userGuide/general/controllers.html

My new (as in newbie) setup is sitting on an add-on domain on my on-rev account. The index.lc page worked, so I implemented the default .htaccess file to hide the index.lc page.

This works as expected - I get the expected welcome.lc view page content whether I navigate to 'https://domain’ or ‘https://domain/index.lc’

However, I  get 404 errors at 'https://domain/blog’ & ‘https://domain/index.lc/blog’ (with or without trailing slash or ‘.lc’ suffix) when working through the doc examples.

It seems to be just the new files that are causing issues but file permissions look OK at 0644 - the same as the working pages.

Thanks
Keith