What is LC's internal text format?

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:00:59 EST 2018

Hi Mark,

I can't see any reason why not - except for time (and money).

The fact that the language has been "forked - livecode builder" means there
is a precedent for changes into the way the language works. I cannot see
why LCB could not be one of the "open language" variants that uses the
livecode hierarchy/gui/message path etc.

My original reason for funding the Kickstarter WAS the open language - to
be able to write in Python/LC/JS  and Visual foxpro within the same
environment (we can but dream). If you have code already written working
and debugged in 1 language use it as long as each languages source is
translated to the LC bytecode engine.

Typescript adds static typing,  classes and modules to JavaScript with a
transpiler - I bet if there was a Kickstarter to add a JavaScript and
python script to Livecode we would get over a Million dollars - who wants
to use glade or pyQT or WxPython or  Tkinter. How many JavaScript and
Python programmers would love to create desktop applications? I would
suggest that the coding in the  LC for Filemaker is much more involved -
It's worth a punt Kevin? Mark?  And please don't come back with the usual
ripost - "if you want to program in Python use Python" - It's the
Environment and the tools and the multiple deployments and and and .......
and using all those libraries in Python and JavaScript land .....

Best Lagi

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 at 17:56, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <