where can I learn about macOS app Help menu Search menu item?

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun Nov 18 00:23:45 EST 2018

AFAIK the “Search” feature in the Help menu is mainly for searching Menu items, try it while you are in Mail and search for “Accounts”, then each menu item that contains “Accounts” will appear at the top of the list with more generic Apple “Accounts” related subjects below. As you mouse over each item in the top part of the list, the Menu is opened and the item is highlighted.

From what I’ve seen, it works the same with any LC app, so I don’t think you need to do anything special other than create a Menu for your app. I don’t know of any way to populate it with any different information, but there maybe.

Paul