What is LC's internal text format?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:21:31 EST 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 3:43 AM Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode <

> I'm grateful for all the information, but _outraged_ that the thread that
> carefully created separate from the offset thread was so quickly hijacked
> for
> the continuing (useful!) detailed discussion on that topic.

Nothing I said in this thread has anything to do with optimizing the
allOffsets routines; I only used examples from that discussion because they
illustrate my puzzlement on the exact topic you (in general) raised: how
data types are handled by the engine. I'd generalize the responses, to say
that it seems how the engine stores data and how it presents that data are
not identical in all cases.

Separately, it's interesting to hear that the engine (can) store(s) numeric
values for strings, as an optimization.

The above notwithstanding: sorry I outraged you; I'll exit this thread.