Sorting datagrid column with a tricj?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Nov 2 18:49:18 EDT 2018

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 5:16 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> What I would like to see added to the datagrid is a handler that
> intercepted the population of a field so what goes into the field can be
> custom formatted. This comes up a lot. Dates and numbers from an SQL query
> are unformatted, and having to go through the datagrid when populating and
> formatting each record's data before displaying it, and then reformatting
> it before pushing it back up to the database seems like more work than
> necessary.

The Data Grid already supports this. Just customize the default column
behavior. Take a look at this article which truncates text that is too wide:

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7327-how-do-i-override-the-default-behavior-for-rendering-data-to-a-cell

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps