Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:26:26 EDT 2018

Thank you, Lagi, for your advice.

On 31/5/2018 5:43 pm, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
> I think peter was hinting at the same thing as me in the Forum.
>
> Crowdfunding campaigns of much more expensive products and aims come with
> token "We love to help but don't have a use for your product"
>
> https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-113-why-
> every-project-should-have-a-1-reward-level/
>
> The article above says don't have anything within a $1 and the core
> product. In this case your core product is a  smaller Niche than Iphone
> Cases.
> I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
> psychology with the last one). In fact I would just put $1 and $7 - as you
> have explained a lot of languages, cultures and philosophies owe a debt to
> not only Sanskrit and the Vedas and hindu philosophy in General  is so
> important - having influence on greek more than Latin but the takeover of
> greek culture by Rome broke that historical connection  and latin got it's
> direct connections as well Video and  Vidi (see and observe) from the word
> Veda (meaning to see or to know).

This is a good idea.

> WE also wouldn't have had the great talk by Alan Watt ..
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-vjWKJb0c
>
> I would get in touch with some of these people as well and see if they can
> put the word out
> http://www.anantaajournal.com/
> https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/40-common-sanskrit-words-for-yogis
> https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/oriental-studies/sanskrit?wssl=1

I wouldn't go near anything to do with Sanskrit and the University of
Oxford with a ten-foot pole as they are seriously in bed with ISKCON,
an organisation of which I was a member 36 years ago until my family had
the strength to hire deprogrammers from the USA to
rescue me: I will NOT do business with either a cult or an organisation
which in any way helps that cult achieve its ends.
> https://www.ed.ac.uk/literatures-languages-cultures/asian-studies/sanskrit
>

> I would suggest universities with sanskrit studies might be a good bet.
>
> I don't think i'm wrong in  assuming Devawriter is more a labour of love
> than a get rich slow program.

Indeed.

I've never heard of a "get rich slow program", although it does sound
charming, even if, at 56, slow may mean
that I hit my richest point about 3 years after my funeral.