Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:43:40 EDT 2018

Hi Richmond,

I think peter was hinting at the same thing as me in the Forum.

Crowdfunding campaigns of much more expensive products and aims come with
token "We love to help but don't have a use for your product"

https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-113-why-
every-project-should-have-a-1-reward-level/

The article above says don't have anything within a $1 and the core
product. In this case your core product is a  smaller Niche than Iphone
Cases.
I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
psychology with the last one). In fact I would just put $1 and $7 - as you
have explained a lot of languages, cultures and philosophies owe a debt to
not only Sanskrit and the Vedas and hindu philosophy in General  is so
important - having influence on greek more than Latin but the takeover of
greek culture by Rome broke that historical connection  and latin got it's
direct connections as well Video and  Vidi (see and observe) from the word
Veda (meaning to see or to know).

WE also wouldn't have had the great talk by Alan Watt ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-vjWKJb0c

I would get in touch with some of these people as well and see if they can
put the word out
http://www.anantaajournal.com/
https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/40-common-sanskrit-words-for-yogis
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/oriental-studies/sanskrit?wssl=1
https://www.ed.ac.uk/literatures-languages-cultures/asian-studies/sanskrit

I would suggest universities with sanskrit studies might be a good bet.

I don't think i'm wrong in  assuming Devawriter is more a labour of love
than a get rich slow program.

But even if some of the student cant muster $25 they could still help at
least it will be on the radar when they have jobs and can afford it. . If
they can't afford $7 to help then they have the $1 - if they can't afford
$1 what are they doing on the internet with an Iphone drinking starbucks!!

Anyway since you haven't put a lower pledge I've donated - now to learn
Sanskrit!!

Breaking News
============
Went to the site to donate and they have a contribute any amount - but
since I had already  decided that I was gonna learn Sanskrit (and help -
maybe not in that order) I've pledged the $25 anyway..
I would still put it as a perk - the perk being the undying love of
Richmond - (not in the biblical sense and certainly not in the Kamasutra
sense ).
People  will see $25 and not bother clicking further.

For the sake of Humanity Richmond!!

Regards Lagi

On 31 May 2018 at 09:40, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <