Was: URGENT: MergGoogle no longer works on iOS: CLIENTS VERY UNHAPPY

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:51:31 EDT 2018

> On 25 May 2018, at 5:07 pm, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> This, too, is overwhelming. A little disturbing too as it was embarked on
> by people who know very little about me or the facts behind the situation.

Morning, Sean.

There is another way of looking at this.  Many folks don’t know you well, but felt a connection.  We don’t need to know all the facts and details.  We recognised a fellow coder in distress.  We could imagine how we might feel in your situation, because it's a precipice we have all seen at close quarters, and at least imagined falling in.

There was no greater knowledge, connection or judgement required to reach out.  As far as I am concerned, if it makes you feel better to give the money to a deserving cause, that’s fine.  If you use it to help you get back on your feet, that’s fine too.  It would be great to see you popping up on this list in future, but if not, well, good luck on whatever path you take.  When you find yourself in the fortunate position to help out someone else struggling in the future (and you will), just 'pay it forward’.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow