Is anyone using tsNet external with LCserver?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon May 28 05:52:17 EDT 2018


Hi Panos,

thanks for your comment.

So Livecode Server 9.0 includes this fix also?

i  somehow lost the overview of what fix/feature in what LC 8 was also added to what LC9 version.

Regards,
Matthias


> Am 28.05.2018 um 11:28 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> 
> 
> *>>>>>>>>And don't expect to get access to the extended feature setof tsNet
> Business on LC server. Seems there is no way to activatea business license
> for tsNet on server, don’t think this has changed.*
> 
> This is no longer the case, this bug has been fixed since LC 8.1.8 RC-1:
> 
> https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19793 <https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19793>
> 
> Best,
> Panos
> --
> 
> 
> 
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode <
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> 
>> Be aware of these issues
>> - Using tsNetGet() on LC server to request a files list
>> from a FTP server returns nothing, so tsNetRetrData() is empty.
>> 
>> http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18961
>> 
>> related, but didn't write a separate report:
>> - Using tsNetSendCmd() on LC server to send an asynchronous
>> command to a FTP server returns empty without executing
>> the command.
>> 
>> And don't expect to get access to the extended feature set
>> of tsNet Business on LC server. Seems there is no way to activate
>> a business license for tsNet on server, don’t think this has changed.
>> For what it’s worth, this and the issues mentioned above are
>> the reasons why my half-finished revIgniter FTP library is waiting
>> on the shelf since about one year.
>> 
>> 
>> Ralf
>> 
>> 
>>> On 28. May 2018, at 01:06, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi,
>>> is anyone already using tsNet external with Livecode server? If so, is
>> there something i should take care of when trying to “install” / copy the
>> external to my custom installation?
>>> 
>>> Unfortunately the commercial LC server builds still do not contain the
>> external.
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> 
>>> Matthias Rebbe
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Matthias Rebbe
Tel +49 5741 310000
‌https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list