How to dismiss keyboard on mobile

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue May 15 15:00:01 EDT 2018

Jacque… that backkey does work… (hehe) my handler

on backkey # need for android
   put the effective working screenrect into tScreen
   if (item 4 of tScreen-item 2 of tScreen) < 650 then
      # assume keyboard if up
      pass backKey
   else
      if the short name of this stack is "journal" then
         send mouseup to widget "go-back"
      else
         send mouseup to widget "go-home-portal"
      end if
   end if
end backkey

was perfect.. I just to use to hitting the key.

what does work in:

on returnInField
   focus on nothing
   send "backKey" to me in 100 milliseconds
end returninfield

a) Android still allows me to put a CR.. this breaks the search
b) Send backkey from message path does nothing.

So, now I need to:

a) NOT have to CR be entered in the field and
b) have a way to prevent hitting the search button but with keyboard up,

Hmm seems like a bug to me.