PDF

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sun May 13 19:50:31 EDT 2018

Richard I agree. I have customers that we are nudging toward EPubs for the
reasons you've enumerated but when they see the amount of work involved they
fall back to the "Well our employees are using MSWord and just PDF them.
Tagging them is just too much work". The only ones we're having success with
are when they compose in xml. I have seen crazy PDFs with the text stream
down the left side of a paragraph and then down the other side. Edited PDFs
are a nightmare. Don't even get me started with fonts. I am working on a LC
epub reader but the browser widget does not always play nice with the
generated html from InDesign. I'm working now on figuring out just what LC
is choking on. I also don't see a way to move to the chapter 2 when you
slide to the end of chapter 1. We are falling back to chapter selections via
sidebars or pop-ups or...

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services