PDF

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:05:40 EDT 2018

I ended up using pdftotext, it worked like a charm. (Though I had to look
up how to send it a file list using find..  Too long away from the shell.)
I now have a little app that can do a word search for matching files and
show either the extracted text, or the original pdf using the browser
widget.

As far as being on the "make pdfs go away" bandwagon, yes I am.
Unfortunately, they're still used all over the place.  Insurance companies
autogenerate a huge amount of pdf reports, some of them built live through
horribly slow clunky awful (insert a bunch of other words here to describe
how NOT enjoyable it is to use their websites) that then eventually (after
going through huge amounts of different screens, get to the end result)
hand you a pdf.    /endInsuranceWebsiteVent

Reminds me of when I worked as phone support for a "large computer
manufacturer".. When there was a workflow issue, and slow call times due to
waiting on page loads for vantive.. The answer usually ended up being..
"Hey, its already slow so lets add 3 more required page loads that can take
forever to complete especially on busy days, thereby slowing things down
even more..."  /endPhoneSupportVent

I seem to be on a "KISAF" kick lately.  Keep It Simple And Fast

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 8:30 AM, R.H. via use-livecode <