PDF

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 12 23:38:39 EDT 2018

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> So I think we're a few years away from being able to replace PDF with
> ePub :-(

No doubt.  There's also an post from me in the archives around 2002
suggesting Mac should switch to Intel.  Sometimes I'm a bit early. ;)

As I said, long-term.

General market inertia coupled with Adobe's power and their dependency
on PDF will certainly keep adoption of simpler, more flexible, and less
proprietary formats at bay longer than would be useful.

But tooling will catch up to modern device usage patterns soon enough.

In the meantime, enjoy horizontally scrolling back and forth with every
line of PDF text on your phone. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems