Active window and mouse location

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu May 10 18:55:37 EDT 2018

Hi Douglas,

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the problem or if someone already
suggested this, but won't the stack come to the front if you just say
"go to stack tMyStack" ?  Seems to me that would make it the topStack,
which is apparently what you want (as I read it).

Or if the stack is a mainStack, you could say "launch document
tMyStackFilepath" and the same thing would happen.

Another simple two-line approach:

    push current card of stack tTheOneBehind
    pop card

The push/pop approach should work in any LC version. (I'm working in LC 9)

Thanks -
Phil Davis

On 5/9/18 2:34 PM, Douglas Ruisaard via use-livecode wrote:
> Thanks, Mike... but this doesn't make my LC screen active... it does flicker it but leaves it in buried under the top window.
>
> I'll check out those links, Lagi... thanks for the research....
>
> Thanks to Bob und Klaus for the "Launch" suggestion ... however, I don't want to open, launch or startup anything, I just need the LC window which is displaying the card processing to become the top-most window ... so I'm not sure exactly what I would use as the "document" in the launch command.  I will, however, keep this in mind for other purposes.
>
> As expected, a VERY simple, one-line script to AutoHotKey did the trick... which can be compiled into a standalone executable... and then shell'd to.  Only thing is that it isn't cross-platform... windows only.  If I find the time, I'll try Bob's suggestion for the Apple.
>
> Many Thanks!
> Doug
>

> Douglas Ruisaard
> Trilogy Software
> (250) 573-3935
>
>> While the solution is not perfect, you can have your script
>> set the systemwindow of stack "stackname" to true
>> wait 1 tick
>> set the systemwindow of stack "stackname" to false
>>
>> (Saw this on the forums at one time or another, think the thanks go to Lagi)
>>
>> The only negative of this method is the flicker as it goes system, then
>> back again.

Phil Davis