Active window and mouse location

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed May 9 13:05:17 EDT 2018

Here is what I do and it works a peach. Assuming tPath is a valid path to a folder:

   if tPlatform contains "Win" then
      replace "/" with "\" in tPath
      put "explorer " & quote &  tpath & quote into theCmd
      put shell(theCmd) into theResult
   else
      put "property the_path : " & quote & tPath & quote & cr into theCmd
      put "set the_folder to (POSIX file the_path) as alias" & cr after theCmd
      put "tell application " & quote & "finder" & quote & cr after theCmd
      put "activate" & cr after theCmd
      put "reveal the_folder" & cr after theCmd
      put "end tell" & cr after theCmd
      do theCmd as appleScript
   end if

This should probably also be in the master library.

Bob S