HTTPD Server Post Requests work ........about half the time

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Mon May 7 22:21:15 EDT 2018


Ok..so the problem was that in my request processing, I was outputting
certain data into the message box...duuuh.....which was obviously a
blocking operation and was blocking something in the background processes.
went 100/100 as soon as i took it out.  thank you gentlemen.



On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Tom Glod <tom at makeshyft.com> wrote:

> i will do that thanks Monte....I must understand the cause of this before
> i go into production ... otherwise I'll never sleep again :)
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 9:45 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>> Andre I think that should only be an issue if your number of requests *
>> time per request > client timeout.
>>
>> Tom probably the best place to start is some logs of the requests and
>> responses on both client and server.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Monte
>>
>> > On 8 May 2018, at 11:28 am, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Remember that LC is using a single thread and that script execution is
>> > blocking, so, if your server is busy doing work to respond to a request,
>> > then it will probably not acknowledge an incoming request at the same
>> time.
>> > Or at least that was true for my RevHTTPd version...
>> >
>> > On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:13 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
>> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi folks, so spent the last 2 days working on getting my client to
>> talk to
>> >> a simple service I created taking advantage of the httpd library in v9.
>> >>
>> >> Everything works fine..... half the time. ....literally the request is
>> >> identical each time but the result differs.
>> >>
>> >> the content type is set to text/plain..... so the (base64 encoded)
>> content
>> >> is in the "content" variable.
>> >>
>> >> but thats only true half the time.... the other time it comes in empty.
>> >>
>> >> I also checked my post request with an online "post request"
>> >> mechanism...and 100 % of the requests come in correctly. so the problem
>> >> must be on my httpd service end.
>> >>
>> >> Anyone have any clue what could be creating this inconsistency?
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> use-livecode mailing list
>> >> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> >> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> >> subscription preferences:
>> >> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
>> > http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > use-livecode mailing list
>> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>
>



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list