Has Anyone Got A Directory \\\"Walker\\\" Available

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun May 6 17:42:28 EDT 2018

Bernd wrote:
 > Richard wrote:
 >> Which version of LC did you test with?
 >> I was under the impression that since LC switched to copy-on-write
 >> for all >arguments we should no longer need to use "@" for
 >> performance, only for for logic.
 >

 > I tested using LC 9 GM, what kind of results do you get?

Well, so much for copy-on-write.

As written:
31
84
109
81

After removing "@":
33
95
177
93

Looks like I'll go back to the old habit of adding otherwise-unnecessary
"@"s in time-sensitive handlers, being as careful as I used to have to
be not to modify anything unless that's what I truly want.

Did copy-on-write get changed in v9, or is the scope of its effects just
more limited than I had understood it to be?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems