URGENT: MergGoogle no longer works on iOS: CLIENTS VERY UNHAPPY

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed May 2 20:20:30 EDT 2018

The issue is google no longer allow you to use webviews in app to do OAuth. So basically this rules out anything that doesn’t open up an OS browser. The fastest way to resolve this for mergGoogle is to change to using GTMAppAuth from GTMOAuth2. It may be that the OAuth2 library can do what’s needed in pure LCS (with a few feature additions) by following the implementation details here https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8252 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8252>,  however, as I’d still need to modify mergGoogle to pass it the auth token I think the first step is updating that separately. Hopefully, getting Sean out of some of his hot water in the process although from the sounds of things it may be too late for that.