URGENT: MergGoogle no longer works on iOS: CLIENTS VERY UNHAPPY

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed May 2 20:05:29 EDT 2018

Hi,

I don't know if this would help, but I have native LC code for OAuth2
working with the google API on LC 8 and 9. I was using it with the google
calendar API in an experimental lib last year and the code still working.
Drop me a note and I could send you what I have.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:50 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <

> Hi Sean
>
> I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It seems from the blog link you
> posted there was a notice on the iOS consent page. We weren’t notified in
> any other way and do not have a bug report open about this. It seems
> neither us, nor any of our users noticed the notice… anyway, we are here
> now and ready to help.
>
> From the sounds of things our OAuth2 script library won’t work for Google
> either so that isn’t an option. I’m looking for alternatives right now.
>
> If there is any chance of recovery with your clients please let me know if
> there is a new deadline to work to and I will do my best to get it done.
>
> Monte
>
> > On 2 May 2018, at 8:55 pm, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Apparently, google stopped using their old method of oAuth and started
> > deprecation from 1March 2017. As of Apr 20 2018 it no longer works. My
> > clients rely on this feature and are shooting a pilot today (as in NOW!).
> > And the features built in no longer work as google docs no longer works.
> > Months in the making and preparation, and Google choose today of all days
> > to disallow it's use. FAB!!!
> >

> > Why oh why oh why was this not addressed in the months leading up to
> this??
> > I am screwed and will not get paid now! I am sick and tired of how behind
> > Livecode gets. Off to find a cliff to jump from as this obviously wont
> get
> > fixed in time and I wont have any money to pay my bills as all of it went
> > it to putting this together! I'm as good as homeless. THANKS A MILLION!!
> >

> > Sean Cole
> > *Pi Digital Productions Ltd*
> > www.pidigital.co.uk
> >

> > eMail Ts & Cs <http://pidigital.co.uk/emailTCs.rtf>   Pi Digital
> > Productions Ltd is a UK registered limited company, no. 5255609

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com