Stupid Question Again - Proportional Scaling

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Mar 19 11:50:24 EDT 2018

> On Mar 18, 2018, at 09:57 , Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> How often do we see apps that constrain window resizing?

This is common I think for apps which have a set of fields displaying data, tables etc. Maybe there are some panes and tabs, but to reduce the window to less than x,y would require the contents to be scrollable. We have an app whose window settings get corrupted if Windows Display has a scale factor set over 100%. Another app will simply refuse to run if the resolution of the current monitor is below a minimum. A lot of times developers don't want to deal with window geometry. Their solution is to tell you, "Don't do that" when it comes to window sizing, or they don't allow you to do it at all.

Bob S