When me is not me

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Sat Mar 10 07:16:41 EST 2018

In theory that shouldn't be the problem - `the <property> of me` should
short-circuit to directly evaluating the property of the object with the
behavior, rather than evaluating `me` as a name first. This is why `put the
long id of me into tID` also works.

Peter, in your original script are you doing
 set the hilitedButton of me to tNum
directly, or
local tMe
put me into tMe
set the hilitedButton of tMe to tNum
?

The latter will have the 'not on the current card' problem, whereas the
former should (in theory) not.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 2:41 AM Brian Milby via use-livecode <