When me is not me

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri Mar 9 20:23:55 EST 2018

I learned something today.

I was trying by script to set the hilite of a radio button in a group on another card.

My script is in the group “Language Choice” which is called by openStack. I’m thinking that “me” would operate on the group:

	set the hilitedButton of me to tNum

Didn’t work, even though the script received the message and completed. The radio buttons were unchanged. I modified it to this, which worked:

	set the hilitedButton of group "Language Choice" of card "Settings" to tNum

I can only think that, a group, even though it is on a single card and does not have its backgroundBehavior set to true, must be referred to explicitly by the name of the group and the name of the card is resides in. Or maybe it’s because the individual buttons didn't have sharedHilite set to true.

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive