Internet checking?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Mar 2 06:44:13 EST 2018

Jacque, thanks. It seems like overkill to load up and initialise tsnet just to get a 20-byte text file. I’m really surprised there isn’t a foolproof way to find out if one’s device is connected to the internet or not. I am not good on internet functions, but don’t a huge number of apps in the real world want to know if they’re connected or not?

Maybe I will write a tiny standalone that just talks to my server, and experiment with switching off the internet connection to see what errors I get.

Puzzled

Graham