Android Studio how to create AVD?

bob at bobhall.net bob at bobhall.net
Thu Mar 1 19:18:51 EST 2018

I’m trying to figure out how to get an Android virtual device going for LC testing/debugging. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to create an AVD with Android Studio. I’ve spent the better part of my day trying to figure this out.

I've tried LC business 8.1.9 & LC business 9.0.0 (dp11). I’ve installed JRE 9.0.4, jdk 9.0.4, Android Studio 3.0. I’m on Mac OS 10.13.3. My LC Preference appear to be set correctly with the Android SDK being displayed with JDK Path also being displayed and appears to be valid. I have no problem testing IOS. I’ve just not been able to figure out how to get an Android virtual device and everything I’m reading on line doesn’t make sense for what I’m seeing in LC and Studio.

The Test menu in the IDE does not show and Android deviced.

not sure if this is related but when I attempt to save a standalone as an Android I get an error that says “There was an error while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class”.

What am I missing? There must be something dumb I’m doing or something I need to install isn’t on my system. Any help is much appreciated.

Bob H.