bitwise shifts gone?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Jun 30 13:27:50 EDT 2018

On Jun 30, 2018, at 8:00 AM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode
> Indeed. I'm not too upset about the loss of the bitshift operators other than the lack of backward compatibility, but I'm surprised by their demise. In terms of minimal use of microprocessor cycles I'd expect that the fastest would be

I just looked back in dictionaries for older version back to 6.7.11 and
there are no shift operators in the dictionary. You have bitAnd, bitOr,
bitXor and botNot, but no shifts operators. Are you sure there were ever
in the language to begin with?