Sort IP List

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:46:32 EDT 2018

Now that is weird because the sort is definitely working for me.    OH
wait, you don't set the numberformat in your function.  Do you set it
elsewhere, and if so, does it stick when the function is called?  The sort
is definitely, no question, working for me.

I generate a list of IPs then in the msg box do this..

set the numberformat to "000"
set the itemdel to "."
put the millisec into tstart
sort lines of tList ascending numeric by (item 1 of each +0) & (item 2 of
each + 0) & (item 3 of each + 0) & (item 4 of each + 0)
put the millisec - tstart
put cr & tList after msg -- the list is sorted.

Not sure why it isn't working for you, but on the off chance its a version
difference, i'm on 9.0, community +, stable.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 4:33 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <